Helping Students and Families
We provide a comprehensive school counseling program at Nikolay Middle School. Our school counselor provides regularly scheduled classroom instruction, individual and small group counseling sessions, staff and parent consultations, and coordination with a variety of community agencies.
Please visit our School Counselor's website for more detailed information. If you need to speak with our staff, please feel free to call or email.
To assist each student with academic, career, and social-emotional growth through the development of attitudes and skills necessary to maximize his or her highest potential and to become responsible members of society.
The school counseling program helps each students:
- Acquire the attitudes and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life-span.
- Complete each level of school with the knowledge of essential academic expectations to begin the next level of school.
- Implement personal safety skills.
- Obtain the attitudes, knowledge, and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- To be goal-orientated young people—make decisions, set goals, and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- To grow-up to become caring, capable, and productive citizens.
- Understand the relationship of personal attitudes to life at home and in the community.