Enrollment Limits: Prior to enrollment window opening, the Governance Board establishes enrollment caps for grades 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12 respectively.
February 4 - April 30: Student enrollment window is open for priority enrollment. All applicants who complete the application prior to April 30th will be considered for enrollment at Koshkonong Trails.
- If the applications received during the enrollment period do not exceed the established enrollment cap for any grade, then all students who have submitted applications by the enrollment deadline will be accepted for admission and no lottery will be held for that grade.
- After the close of the enrollment period, seats not filled at any grade level may be reallocated by the Governance Board to other grade levels.
- If vacancies remain at any grade level after the enrollment period or are created by withdrawals before the start of school, additional students will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis with priority established by the date an application was submitted.
Lottery: Held in May (if necessary)
- If the number of applications exceeds the seats available at any grade level, then priority will first be given to continuing students and siblings of enrolled students.
- If there are seats still available, a lottery will be conducted by representatives of the District and Koshkonong Trails for each grade level that is oversubscribed.
- Parents of students selected through the lottery will have thirty (30) days to sign and return a commitment letter, confirming that the pupil will attend the school. If the letter is not returned within thirty days, the enrollment space will be offered to the next student on the waiting list created through the lottery process.
- Students not admitted to Koshkonong Trails because of the lack of seats available will be placed on a waiting list in the order drawn and admitted if a seat becomes available.
- Each school year the waiting list will expire on January 30 and a new waiting list for the following year will be established as provided above.
Priority: Koshkonong Trails gives enrollment priority to students who
- Are continuing students,
- Are siblings of students currently attending, or
- Are children of founder(s) and/or governance board members (not to exceed 10% of total population).
The governance board has the ability to suspend student enrollment throughout the year. Students applying mid-year will be put on the waiting list. Students on the waiting list will be contacted at the expiration to determine whether they would like their application to continue onto the next enrollment period.